Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Poor Chick Gets Fit

This is Day Three since the Health Screening from Hell. No, it wasn't that bad. But they did make me fill out a medical referral so they could cover their behinds in case I stroked out or had a heart attack after my screening. My BP always goes sky high these days when I'm dealing with medical professionals. I'm on BP meds (well, have been for about 10 months now) and I know I have White Coat Syndrome but when you see people being concerned for you, it can kinda make you feel bad for them and yourself. I didn't wanna cause problems, y'all! :)

Anyway, I've been trying to wrap my mind around finally needing to make big changes in my life. I don't like the way I feel. I'm not as concerned about the lbs but I want to feel good in my clothes, like what I see in the mirror, and not be embarrassed at the dr's office any more. I'm poor but well-educated. I need to take better care of myself.

Plus, over the weekend I was Netflixing season 4 of "LA Ink" and Kat Von D was talking about people protecting their addictions-- food, alcohol, other drugs-- and it kind of clicked. Oh... all that justifying I do about eating like shit is actually me protecting my addiction. Hmmm. That actually makes sense.

So Day #1 I only ate about 1/2 of the amount of food for lunch that I usually do, no snacks, and made a low carb taco-stew kind of thing for dinner (ground turkey, taco seasoning, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of enchilada sauce, and a can of whole-kernel corn). I seriously kept looking at everything in my fridge that I thought would be low-carb and the lowest carb stuff was sausage and cheese. I didn't want the cholesterol that night so the taco turkey stew thing happened. And it's good. My Little Chick wanted no part of it but she usually doesn't so that's no big surprise.

Was a bit hungry that night and woke up a bit hungry but also felt pretty good. Better than waking up feeling like I'm going to puke, which is how I feel when my blood sugar is too high (nope, no diabetes but I was on-the-cusp for awhile before I started exercising). But Day #2 decisions were not all wonderful. Stopped at McD's on the way to work (something I do pretty much 5 days a week unless I'm *completely* broke) and got my unsweet iced tea with lemon and a sausage McMuffin. What was that about cholesterol??? And for lunch I had two pieces of leftover Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza (work had bought it for everyone on Monday) and some cheesey breadsticks with marinara sauce. Again-- cholesterol? Hmmm? But to finish the day, I did eat a bowl of the turkey taco stew. That has to count for something, in my mind.

Day #3, I only got the unsweet tea with lemon from McD's and ate some Belvita breakfast cookies once I got to work. But I had a game ticket for a free Fazoli's spaghetti with meat sauce so I got that and a Medium Diet Coke for lunch. I've been winning those free spaghetti's all summer long but this was my last one. Game is over now so probably won't be headed to Fazoli's much unless they have really good deals again. And I have $ again b/c I'm down to a buck something in my checking account and $0 in savings. Maybe a few coins in cash. This is my life. Paycheck to paycheck and I just got paid 5 days ago. Sucks!

I was telling myself that I still won't make enough money to eat really good food all the time but that I can, of course, cut back on what I already eat and that has to help. But I ate the whole damn lunch today so that was not helpful.

Work is done in about 1 hour and 5 minutes and I don't have to pick up Little Chick tonight so hopefully I can make some good choices when I get home. Stay away from snacking, maybe get my bootie back on the bike. Only did 14 minutes this morning, though that was better than the 10 minutes I did yesterday. Or the 7 the previous day.

Tomorrow's another day to improve!!! :)

Poor Chick




No comments:

Post a Comment